Monday, February 15, 2010

Back from New Orleans.

I came back from the Mardi Gras weekend yesterday. It was an awesome 2 days in New Orleans. Saw the great city! The jubilant people celebrating life and having good time. Saw some really awesome street musicians who did not budge and leave their place when a big police SUV honked to pass through. Saw some craziness on Bourbon street and saw the beauty, life and colors on canal street parades. It was one of those pilgrimages you do once in your lifetime, just like going to a U2 concert or spending a night out on the ocean beach.

Of all its misgivings, America has been the one that provided me with all the above-mentioned things. And one thing that I would definitely it provided me was my freedom. I was shocked, and still am in shock because of the compromise I had to do for the level of freedom I am getting, but then this world is not a Utopian dream either. So, I live happy being here, and to have reached here with Sehar is like a dream come true.

I have been really lazy in writing this blog. I did start writing a hand-written journal daily, and I am glad I am carrying on with it. I really need to make a good time table for my guitar-playing I do not want my finger calluses to 'melt away'. In fact, I think I will have some coffee and than play some guitar before I work on my paperwork today for the Massachusetts thingy. Its already 11:44 pm and I am soooo drowsy! Hmmm... I think I will just sleep for a little while and than make coffee, finish my paperwork and than play before I leave for university at 7 30 am in morning.

Haha... it feels like I am thinking by writing. For a second I felt so lazy in writing today's blog but its really easy to write your thoughts only. Because it does not require extra effort to think. You just think on your laptop keyboard! Alexey is right now listening to an awesome 80's powerballad and really like it. Those rock ballads were so monstrous and awe-inspiring. They still give me shivers and jitters sometimes. And so does any good music. Oh yes!! Eva came up with a really awesome song for the chord progression she had thought out. I think it is an incredible song. In fact, when she showed it to me, I thought its like U2's 'I won't go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight'.

A lot of these thoughts and talk looks disjointed but its because I did not write a lot of stuff for a while, and I feel too lazy to write it all down. So many new people have come in to my life. So many things are changing with time that sometimes you are yourself surprised. It takes a while to even fill up a journal if I miss 2-3 days, so it definitely would be tough to write the chronology of everything since I came to US last July. All I can say is that things have been pretty fast but pretty good!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment